Installing CaesarJ v0.10.0 binary release
This version was tested on Eclipse 3.7
. For the versions of Eclipse older than 3.5, please use older versions of the plugin. It is not recommended to install CaesarJ together with other IDEs also using JDT Weaving, such as Scala or AspectJ
. Better use a fresh Eclipse instance.
Installation from Eclipse Update Site
- Download and install Eclipse 3.7
- Start Eclipse, and from the Help menu choose "Install New Software...".
- Click on "Add...".
- In the dialog that appears enter http://caesarj.org/updatesite/0.10.0/ into the Location field.
- Select the features "CaesarJ Development Tools" and "External Plug-ins".
- Click "Next...", confirm installation
- In the dialog that appears click on "Finish".
Installation by Hand
If update site doesn't work for you, the plugins can be installed by hand.
- Open in your browser http://caesarj.org/updatesite/0.10.0/
- Download the files from the "features" and "plugins" folders
- Copy the downloaded features and plugins to the corresponding folders of your Eclipse installation.
After installing the CJDT plug-in, please
- make the CaesarJ editor your default editor for the .java file extension (under Window->Preferences->CaesarJ)
- disable "Analyze annotations while typing" (under Window->Preferences->CaesarJ)
- ensure that JDT Weaving is enabled (under Window->Preferences->JDT Weaving)
A dialog with the CaesarJ preferences will be displayed automatically, when you switch to CaesarJ Perspective first time.
For larger projects it is recommended to switch off automated build (under Preferences->Workbench) and build manually using Ctrl+B shortcut. For better performance start Eclipse with more memory.
Try our examples
to test your installation.