Installing Caesar v0.4.0 binary release
Please use Eclipse V3.0 Release
. We didn't test it for other versions of Eclipse.
Installation from Eclipse Update Site
- Download and install Eclipse V3.0 Release (not 3.1)
- Start Eclipse, and from the Help menu choose "Find and Install...".
- Select "Search for new features to install." and click on "Next >"
- In the "Install" view that opens, click on "New Remote Site..." button.
- In the dialog that appears enter a name, "CaesarJ Update Site", and the URL: http://caesarj.org/updatesite/0.4.0/
- Select the CaesarJ Update Site node that appears and click on "Next >".
- Select the "org.caesarj.feature" node and click on "Next >".
- Step through the installation dialog that appears to complete the installation.
You can also see installation demo
If you are behind a proxy server, use the install/update preferences page (under Help-> Preferences) to configure your proxy settings.
Installation by Hand
If update site doesn't work for you, the plugins can be installed by hand.
- Open in your browser http://caesarj.org/updatesite/0.4.0/
- Download the files
- Go to your Eclipse directory.
- Create the following folders
- Unzip the content of jar files into the created directories
After installing the Caesar plug-in, please
- make the Caesar editor your default editor for the .java file extension (under Preferences-> Workbench ->File Associations)
- disable "Analyze annotations while typing" under Preferences->Java->Editor->Annotations.
These options are available also in CaesarJ Prefences Dialog which can be activated from the toolbar.
For larger projects it is recommended to switch off automated build (under Preferences-> Workbench) and build manually using Ctrl+B shortcut.
Try our examples
to test your installation.