Installing CaesarJ v0.9.0 binary release
This version was tested on Eclipse 3.4
. For other versions of Eclipse, please use older versions of the plugin, as specified in Download
Installation from Eclipse Update Site
- Download and install Eclipse 3.4
- Start Eclipse, and from the Help menu choose "Software Updates...".
- Switch to "Available Software" tab.
- Click on "Add Site...".
- In the dialog that appears enter http://caesarj.org/updatesite/0.9.0/.
- Mark the checkbox before the new entry in the list with the name
- Click on "Install..."
- In the dialog that appears click on "Finish".
Installation by Hand
If update site doesn't work for you, the plugins can be installed by hand.
- Open in your browser http://caesarj.org/updatesite/0.9.0/
- Download the files
- Go to your Eclipse directory.
- Copy org.caesarj.feature_0.9.0.jar to the folder features of your Eclipse instance.
- Copy org.caesarj_0.9.0.jar to the folder plugins of your Eclipse instance.
After installing the Caesar plug-in, please
- make the Caesar editor your default editor for the .java file extension (under Window->Preferences->CaesarJ)
- disable "Analyze annotations while typing"
A dialog with these preferences will be displayed automatically, when you switch to CaesarJ Perspective first time.
For larger projects it is recommended to switch off automated build (under Preferences->Workbench) and build manually using Ctrl+B shortcut. For better performance start Eclipse with more memory.
Try our examples
to test your installation.